BROTHER ScanNCut CM550DX Home and Hobby Cutting Machine with Built-in Scanner
The world’s first home and hobby cutting machine with a 300 DPI built-in scanner – giving you the ability to scan almost anything you can get your hands on and place into the machine to cut out.
The magic of ScanNCut lies in the ability to scan your materials using the 300 DPI built-in scanner. See the scanned image on the large color LCD touch screen. open your cut design and. using the stylus. simply move the cut design over the desired area for a perfect cut without measuring or using a computer.
Select from the wide variety of built-in designs or from your gallery of scanned images to build your own unique cut designs. Use the welding feature to combine shapes, hand drawings, fonts and more directly on the large color LCD touch screen display. Combine detailed or intricate cuts in seconds to simply group designs into one piece prior to cutting.
Space Saving Auto Layout Capabilities
Do you often find yourself with a collection of odd shaped scraps of paper and fabric that you likely won't be able to use again? With the space saving capabilities of ScanNCut. get the maximum use out of your material. Using the background scan option. simply scan your material into the machine and watch as an image of the material quickly appears on the large color LCD touch screen. From there. see the exact placement of where your designs will lie on the material prior to cutting them out. Even the smallest scraps can be utilized when working with this innovative crafting tool!
Scan to USB
Can you believe it? With ScanNCut, there is no need for a clunky stand-alone scanner! With the 300 DPI built-in scanner. scan virtually anything into your machine to be saved as a cut file. As a bonus. you can use ScanNCut to scan important documents. files. artwork. photographs and even your child's favorite drawings. and save to your USB to be used for future use. USB not included.
Editing designs is both quick and easy with ScanNCut. Every editing function can be done on the LCD touch screen. Easily convert your scanned designs into custom cut or draw files. Customize designs by changing the shape. size. or position. even using just part of a design. With the ability to weld. rotate and resize your designs.
you'll love having the ability to create fully detailed designs to your liking - all without the use of a computer or expensive design cartridges.
Seam Allowance and Sewing Guidelines
Have you ever struggled with piecing together your fabric when working on various sewing and quilting projects? ScanNCut gives you the ability to add a seam allowance in %" increments to assist you in piecing together fabric pieces for your quilts. clothing and more. But wait. it gets better! You can even utilize the erasable pens to create sewing guidelines on your designs to assure virtually perfect placement of your stitches.
Large Scanning and Cutting Area
Using the included 12" x 12" cutting mat, or the 12" x 24" cutting mat (available for additional purchase). easily create and cut a wide variety of designs - from one as small as a delicate snowflake for a holiday ornament or one as large as an inspirational wall quote to place in your family living room. Plus. the cutting mats double as a scanning mat for ease of use!
- 3.7" Color LCD - TFT 3.67" color touch screen
- Lightweight - 8.25 lbs. with handle for portability
- Easy to Operate Buttons - Power, Start / Stop, Feed, Setting, Home, Ability to pause the machine with Start / Stop LED button
- Holder - Easy to set / removable
- AC Adapter - For global use
- USB Slot - Hi-Speed USB host
- Easy to View Operation Panel - 3 viewing angles
- Stylus - For easy on-screen edits on the LCD
- Auto Shutdown - Adjustable
- Machine Memory - 1MB or 60 pockets
- Work Area - 11.75" x 11.75"
- Optional Extended Work Area - 11.75" x 23.75"
- Standard Blade - max 1.0mm (may vary)
- Deep Blade - max 1.5mm (may vary)
- Blade Depth Adjustment - 12 levels
- Cutting Speed - 5 levels
- Adjustable Holder Pressure - 19 levels
- Cutting Material: Max 2.0mm (may vary) - Paper (max 1.5mm): Printer / Scrapbook / Cardstock / Velum / Tracing / Poster Board
- Fabric: Thin cotton / Flannel / Felt
- Others: Magnet / Sticker or Seal
- Scanning Size 12" x 12" - Work Area: 11.75" x 11.75"
- Image Type - Full Color
- Thickness of Scanning Material - 1.5mm (max): Standard / Low Tack mat
- Scanning Speed - 30 sec / mat
- Scan Resolution - 300 DPI
- Recognition Type - Gray Scale 256
- Background Scan Adjustment - Darker / Lighter
- Direct Cut - Frame Types (11)
- Scan-to-Cut Data - Detection Type: Outline
- Detection Type: Region
- Detection Type: Line (Thinning)
- Saving Data Function after detection
- Deletion Area (unwanted scanned images) up to 3.9" per deletion
- Threshold for converting: 5 level
- Scan to USB - Scan Size: 7 format
- Scan to USB Output File Format - Select Scan Resolution: 300/250/200/150/100 DPI as JPEG data
- Language - 8 (English / German / French / Dutch / Italian / Spanish / Russian / Japanese)
- Opening Screen - On / Off
- Test Cutting Function - Three patterns for test
- Buzzer - On / Off
- Cut Area - Able to change by drag / drop operation
- Mat Preview - Grid measurement
- Built-in Designs - 700
- Built-in Quilt Patterns - 140
- Built-in Fonts - 5
- Drag & Drop Function - Select / move designs on the LCD using the stylus
- Add Patterns - Add other designs
- Enlargement Reduction Feature - Designs can be enlarged or reduced
- On-screen Editing Functions - Sizing (Height)
- Sizing (Width)
- Lock and Unlocking the Aspect Ratio
- Pattern Rotation in 1 degree increments
- Seam Allowance ON / OFF
- Group deleting / Group selecting
- Auto Layout by Rearranging Patterns: Rotate at any angle, Rotate patterns 0° or 180°, Without rotating
- Seam Allowance Width 7 levels
- Pattern Spacing / Pattern Interval 10 levels (width between pattern and pattern / edge of mat)
- Standard Cut Blade Holder
- Standard Cut Blade
- Deep Cut Blade Holder
- Deep Cut Blade
- 2 Standard Mats: 12" x 12"
- Low Tack Adhesive Mat: 12" x 12"
- Touch Pen
- 2 High Tack Adhesive Fabric Support Sheets
- 2 Iron-On Fabric Appliqué Contact Sheets
- 50 Special Appliqué Patterns on CD*
- 6 Color Pen Set*
- 2 Type Erasable Pen Set*
- Pen Holder*
- Cut Up This Book*
*Exclusive accessory for the CM550DX. Cut Up This Book includes instructions for up to fifty one-of-a-kind, ready-to-cut paper craft projects designed by artist Emily Hogarth.