The ultimate reference for today s generation of novice and experienced needlecrafters.
Firefly s Step-by-Step Encyclopedia of Needlecraft is a complete resource for needlecrafters at all skill levels. It provides step-by-step instructions for learning how to knit, crochet, quilt, appliqué and embroider by machine or by hand. Over 50 creative projects that put these skills to use show needlecrafters how to make clothing, decorative items and household accessories.
Thorough instructions and illustrations give comprehensive how-to explanations of basic and advanced techniques. Extensive stitch glossaries show the possibilities and an enticing selection of contemporary patterns put them to use. Thousands of full-color photographs show every step and every stitch clearly. Specialized techniques are explained and illustrated in detail. These include:
- More than 60 cable knit patterns
- Hand dying yarns
- Multi-color motifs and chevrons
- Shell, clusters, lace, mesh and filet crochet patterns
- Special effects in whitework, blackwork, crewelwork and cutwork
- Drawn and pulled threadwork
- Couching, laidwork, trapunto, corded and contour quilting
- Seminole and log cabin patchwork
- Lace and insertion appliqué
- Creating machine lace fabrics
- Using furnishing fabrics
- Enlarging, reducing and scaling patterns
- Designing for a machine.
Firefly s Step-by-Step Encyclopedia of Needlecraft is a complete all-in-one reference. Its abundant color photographs, straightforward instruction and creative projects will appeal to novice and experienced needlecrafters alike.