Learn to turn your tees into super-stylish tops. High-fashion t-shirts are all the rage and it s no wonder why – they re gorgeous, they mix and match with endless pants and skirts, and they can t be beat for comfort. What you may not know yet is that these great tees are also super easy to make! Just a few cuts and quick-to-stitch seams can turn a plain t-shirt into a runway-worthy garment.
In Glamour Tees, author and fashion designer Linda Zemba Burhance details 15 clever, hip, and easy-to-make t-shirt projects. With each design she begins with a basic t-shirt and then radically transforms it with fabrics and trims. Throughout the book, Linda offers step-by-step instruction for every design, from the simplest tee to the most elaborate. With her advice, you ll learn to:
- Add fun fringe
- Go wild with cute buttons
- Work with delicate, elegant lace and crocheted embellishments
- Apply fantastic edge treatments to necklines and hems
- Introduce dramatic accent fabrics
- Layer for fabulous effect
- Create perfect cutouts
- Sew popular peek-a-boo looks
- Make cool wrapped and overlapped tees
- Combine two basic t-shirts into a single fab one
- and more!