The Janome 419S is a great choice as a workhorse sewing machine for entry level sewing enthusiasts.
With a durable, aluminum body and a hard-shell dust cover the 419s is powerful, yet portable. Whether you sew, quilt or do household repairs, this machine can handle several layers of fabric and different kinds of fabric with phenomenal ease.
The fast, flat stitches give the work a professional finish. The 419s comes armed with a selection of 18 stitches and a simple one-step buttonhole. The needle threader, adjustable needle position and snap-on presser feet, make it simple to work with and adjust the presser foot pressure depending on the fabric thickness.
The auto-declutch bobbin winder is very fast, and stops automatically as soon as the thread winding is done. Reasonably priced and reliable, this is a great machine to start with.
• 18 built-in stitches and one four-step buttonhole
• Auto-declutch bobbin winding with automatic shutdown feature once winding is complete
• Levers to change stitch length (max 4mm) and width (max 5mm)
• Simple and quick foot conversion with snap-on arrangement
• Spacious extension table which makes handling of bigger projects simple
• Vertical Oscillating Hook
• Free Arm
• Die-cast aluminum body
• Folding Carrying Handle
• Hard shell cover
• Machine Size: W 407 x H 305 x D 175 mm
• 15 lbs sewing machine weight
• 860 stitches per minute – peak operating speed
• Manual dial for controlling thread tension
• Optional stretch stitch/ satin stitch features
• One-hand thread cutting lever below face-plate
• Removable vertical spool pins
• Built-in needle threading options
• Snap-on presser feet (no screwdrivers!)
• High presser feet lift and three-step pressure adjustments
• Clearly marked stainless steel needle plate with metrics and inches etched on the surface
• Lever drop feed dog
• Thread take up lever
• Incandescent Lamp
• Foot Controller