The slimmed-down throat plate easily adjusts to the sewing of small tubular articles with diameters as small as φ40mm. This enhances the machine's ability to smoothly sew not only bags and shoes, but also small article such as wallets. The newly developed mode of highly rigid rectangular feed guarantees outstanding feed performance.
Sewing capabilities and feed performance that respond to a broad range of uses in the sewing of heavy materials.
- With its larger needlebar stroke, larger lift of the presser foot, and newly adopted double-tension mechanism, the machine sews beautifully with thick threads (low count thread) and at higher thread tensions. This allows the machine to sew a broad range of heavy materials. * The LS-1340 is provided with a single-tension mechanism.
- The newly developed mode of highly rigid rectangular feed guarantees outstanding feed performance. In addition, the ratio between the alternating vertical movements of the walking foot and presser foot remains unchanged even when the material thickness changes. With this feature, the machine sews multi-layered parts of the material consistently and without stitch gathering.
- The machine is equipped as standard with a mechanism to correct uneven material feed by making-micro adjustments to the bottom-feed.
Excellent for the sewing of sharp curves
- The slimmed-down throat plate easily responds to the sewing of small tubular articles with diameters as small as φ40mm. This enhances the machine's ability to smoothly sew not only bags and shoes, but also small articles such as wallets.
- In addition to the standard type machine, a machine provided with a gauge for small articles is available. (LS-1342, LS-1342-7)
The vertical stroke of the walking foot and presser foot can be easily set and changed. (LS-1342, LS-1342-7)
- The vertical stroke of the presser foot and walking foot (amount of alternating vertical movement) can be easily changed with the large dial mounted on the top of the machine head. The sewing speed is automatically regulated based on the vertical stroke setting. This ensures ideal sewing conditions at all times.
The machine is provided as standard with an instantaneous change-over device for the alternate vertical movement amount (DL device)
- For sewing processes that handle heavy materials or multi-layered parts of material, the alternating vertical movements of the walking foot and presser foot can be quickly set to maximum by pressing the DL switch.
- The machine is provided with both a hand switch and knee switch.
A helpful automatic reverse feed function is provided as standard
- With just a light press on the one-touch type reverse feed button, reverse feed stitching is actuated.
Thread trimming without fail
- The machine handles thread counts from #30 to #5. Its highly rigid thread trimming mechanism cuts the thread without fail. The machine can be applied to a broad range of sewing processes, including the sewing of bags.
The area around the needle entry is designed to be easily observed
- Since the needle thread-tension-release solenoid is fitted on the rear face of the machine head, the area around the needle entry is easily viewable. This substantially improves the operability of the machine.
Gauge for small articles are provided as standard.
- The throat plate and feed dog are provided with a gauge that offers an excellent capability for the sewing of sharp curves. These gauges are especially useful for the sewing of curves of bags and leather cases.
||For small articles
|Max. sewing speed
|Max. stitch length
|Needle bar stroke
|Lift of the presser foot
||By hand: 9mm, By knee: 16mm
|Amount of alternating vertical movement
||Vertical-axis 1.6 fold-capacity hook
|Needle (at the time of delivery)
||135×17 (Nm160) Nm100~Nm180
||#40~#5, B33~B138, Nm=90/3~20/3
||Provided as standard
||Centralized oil wick lubrication (hook: by an oiler)
||JUKI New Defrix Oil No.2 (equivalent to ISO VG32)
|Distance from needle to machine arm
|Weight of the machine head
|Automatic reverse feed function