Lucky Spool's Essential Guide to Modern Quilt Making: From Color to Quilting: 10 Design Workshops by Your Favorite Teachers
- Lucky Spool Books
- This book contains a collection of ten comprehensive design workshops from many of the founding members of the National Modern Quilt Guild
- Published Year: 2014. ISBN 978-1-940655-00-0. Imported
Learn from the experts. In Lucky Spool s Essential Guide to Modern Quilt Making, you will find a collection of 10 comprehensive design workshops, from many of the founding members of the National Modern Quilt Guild. These teachers are well-known for their authority and inspiration of modern quilting s unique design concepts.
- Detailed instructions and at least one pattern per workshop offer both inspiration and practice.
- 100 illustrations and over 200 gorgeous photographs highlight the techniques and artistry of modern quilt making.
What is Modern Quilting? Modern quilters are stitching together the art of past traditions with their one-of-a-kind, creative flair. By keeping some rules and throwing out others, their unique quilts are beautiful and exciting.
Break-the-rules! While there is much debate about the origins of the modern quilt movement, no one can deny the spectacular beauty of its break-the-rules quilting style.
- Express yourself
- Make your own pattern
- Play with negative space
10 Workshops for all skill levels. Each of the fun and approachable workshops is based on their most popular live classes consolidated into concise instruction aimed at improving your own composition and design ideas. You will be inspired to create your own patterns or enjoy making one of the 16 fun and funky patterns included. In this must-have encyclopedic guide–the only of its kind for modern quilters–you will learn:
- Principles of Color
- Working with Solids
- Working with Prints
- Introducing an Improv Piece
- Introducing the Alternate Grid
- Modern Machine Quilting, and more