Written and illustrated by Janet Arnold, PATTERNS OF FASHION 1 is dedicated to Englishwomen s dresses and their construction, c. 1660-1860.
--This unique book contains drawings and patterns taken from (48) original specimens. Examples include a bodice in ivory silk with two details from 1660-1665, a riding habit from 1730-1750, and a wedding dress in ivory silk from 1827-1829.
--Additionally, Ms. Arnold brings the following:
· Pattern cutting and dressmaking, c 1660-1860. A selection of extracts from contemporary sources.
· A pictorial outline of Englishwomen s costume, c.1660-1860.
· Drawings and patterns of Englishwomen s dresses, c. 1660-1860 taken from original specimens with details showing their construction
· Additional material on the cut of early eighteenth-century dresses
· Metric conversions
· Using the patterns for full-scale work
· List of selected books