Serger Essentials: Master the Basics and Beyond!
- Gail Yellen´s classes are where even advanced sewers turn to master their sergers, and in this book, her invaluable class info is available 24/7/365. Advice on threading, tension, differential feed,and needles is relevant to all models. Tips for using decorative threads result in masterful finishes, and no one covers the cover stitch like Gail. The book has 128 pages and 300 color illustrations.
- Features: Handy Tips & Tricks explain common handling errors and how to avoid them. Specialty Serger Feet Section details the different serger feet available and when to use them. 5 simple projects put your new serging knowledge into practice. Cover stitch overview complete with decorative and construction techniques. Quick Reference Guide lets you quickly find the machine settings for popular stitches.
- Advice on threading, tension, differential feed and needles relevant to all models: tips for using decorative threads that result in masterful finishes, cover stitch and more-it's all here in Serger Essentials!
Use your serger to its full potential!
The serger is the most versatile tool a sewist can use, capable of hemming, seaming, decorative finishes and more. Too often, sergers are used for finishing edges and nothing more, simply because "it s too complicated to change the settings." Author Gail Yellen is here to demystify the serger and help you get the most out of your machine! By familiarizing yourself with the various components and how they affect the stitch, you ll tackle new stitches and techniques with a new enthusiasm.
- Handy Operator Tips explain common handling errors and how to avoid them
- Accessory Foot Appendix details the different serger feet available and when to use them 5 simple projects put your new serging knowledge into practice
- Coverstitch overview complete with decorative and construction techniques
- Quick Reference Guide lets you quickly find the machine settings for popular stitches