This book is your step-by-step guide to sewing the comfortable, practical clothing suited to an active lifestyle. Leotards, swimsuits, biking shorts, sweatsuits, raingear, and insulated vests and jackets are just a few of the garments featured.
You ll learn time-saving sewing methods that offer you a choice of using either a conventional sewing machine or a serger. Close-up photographs and detailed instructions demonstrate techniques and shortcuts used by the experts:
• getting started with all of the right equipment, notions, and fabrics you ll need for sewing your own actionwear, comfortwear, and outerwear
• finishing garment edges with comfortable, easy-to apply elastic casings and stretchy ribbings
• lining swimsuits; insulating and lining outerwear, such as vests and jackets
• attaching zippers, pockets, hoods, and other useful activewear details
• personalizing sporty garments with attractive stripes, piping, fold-over braid, and custom belts
These helpful techniques and many more sewing tips will make Sewing Activewear a book you ll often turn to for expert instruction. You will enjoy the pleasure of sewing garments that are custom-fit to your size, adapted to your specific needs, and personalized to your taste.