An illustrated how-to reference.
There are five key areas of the home where soft furnishings can make a big difference: bath, bedroom, kitchen, dining and living room. Best of all, soft furnishings can be easily created by anyone with a sewing machine -- even beginners.
Simple Soft Furnishings covers the core sewing items needed to transform any home into a fashionable and welcome environment. With an irresistible collection of projects, ranging from simple cushions to elegant curtains and sumptuous bedding, these designs are a mix of timeless classics and current trends with appeal for all ages.
Each project will bring style to any room at an affordable cost. The focus is on quick and easy ideas that can be readily made in a weekend. This beautifully presented book features:
- Fifty original soft furnishing designs for the home
- Projects for cushions, curtains and blinds, seating, bedding and table linens
- Simplified techniques for the beginner sewer
- Illustrated step-by-step instructions
- Advice for alternative fabrics, fastenings, trimming, patterns and color schemes
- List of resources and suppliers
- Tips for adding special touches to customize each project.
Simple Soft Furnishings is an inspiring and practical guide to creating fashionable home furnishings.