Sew stylish DIY dresses with an elegant flair using this easy-to-follow sewing book.
For parties, weddings, banquets—any occasion that calls for that special dress—this is the book that lets you DIY sew something stylish and elegant, for a lot less than you d pay for ready-made. These 26 dresses and separates range from short to long, from sweet to sophisticated, and from simple to dramatic to suit your mood, your style and the event. Beautiful photos feature garments sewn in a variety of elegant fabrics to inspire you to choose colors, prints and textures for a dress that is just right for you and for the moment. Sewing patterns include:
- Gathered-skirt dresses with lacy overlays
- Simple, elegant shifts and empire-waist styles
- An easy, flattering shirtwaist dress
- A pintucked smock style dress
- Shirt and blouse combos that allow you to mix and match
- Dresses sporting a few well-place frills for a look that s both girly and subtle
- Little bolero jackets for when you want a little more coverage
- And more…
Full-size sewing patterns are offered in six sizes, and can be altered to suit most body shapes and personal measurements. The instructions and diagrams are easy to follow. Pick up the book and browse. They re some of the easiest, prettiest DIY sewing projects you ll ever make.