With hundreds of black-and-white photos and line drawings and step-by-step instructions, readers will be sewing in no time. Features everything from hand-sew and “no sew” projects without patterns to easy home decorating projects such as pillows and table runners, placemats and simple drapes, to a basic wardrobe consisting of tops, skirts, pants, and a three-hour dress.
• Illustrated format will turn novices into seamstresses in no time
• A home economics class in a book—just what beginners and re-learners need
• Features no-pattern projects to give readers the feel of hand and machine sewing
• Includes a sewing machine trouble-shooting chart, tear-out table sizes, window measurements pages, and more.
• Great tips and information on stitches, seams, hems, and zippers