This 100th anniversary edition
of a delightful classic introduces children to the world of sewing in a gentle and encouraging way while preserving a valuable collection of doll clothing patterns from the Edwardian and Titanic fashion era.
Video Look Inside!
- Includes 29 full-size patterns for doll clothes revised to fit American Girl and other 18-inch dolls
- Patterns include nightwear, daywear, swimwear, playwear, outerwear, fancywear and a wedding dress
- Teaches 15 basic hand-sewing and embroidery stitches
- Uses a unique quarter-fold cutting method for fewer pattern pieces, less seaming and an easier learning curve for beginners
- 400 charming illustrations
- 4 color photos (back cover)
- 23 new black & white photos of American Girl dolls wearing garments made from patterns in the book
- Includes a lovely 20th century sampler
See a fashion show of American Girl dolls wearing the fashions from this book at: youtu.be/B8A54roPB_M (copy and paste the link into your web browser)The Mary Frances Sewing Book 100th Anniversary Edition
has been restored, updated, and expanded for the 21st century to include a new introduction, larger format, enhanced graphics, general directions, a fabric and notion list for each project, 23 new photos and resized patterns for doll clothes that fit American Girl and other 18-inch dolls.
Join Mary Frances as each item in the sewing basket comes to life, ready and eager to teach her how to sew. You will meet Sewing Bird, Tommy Pin Cushion, Scissors Shears and their friends as they lead you through a series of lessons, and a great adventure to Thimble Land, in a book that's at its best when read aloud.
Children will love the quaint language and captivating storyline alone, and by following along with the projects, they will be rewarded with hand-sewing skills and a lovely wardrobe of doll clothing.
Adults and experienced seamstresses will appreciate the authentic early 1900's patterns, and can easily adapt the instructions for machine stitchery. Modern girls can make the vintage styles look fresh through the use of up-to-date fabrics and colors.
Sewing is an important skill that can be learned at a young age. Every project teaches new stitches and techniques that can be mastered in a short while, and practiced for a lifetime.Scroll down to "Customer Images" to see photos of doll clothes made from patterns in this book.